Wednesday 31 December 2014

The Village Fair

Plan to share pics from this Mela (fair) that I visited in recent times. It reminded me of the fairs that my father would would take me to when I was a little girl. I hailed from a small town and these fairs were much looked forward to. 

There used to a large Merry go round contrast to the one over here. It used to be my favorite ride. Me, as 3 year old would not miss this and I would not move back when my parents tried to pull me. I had no fear of the heights it would take. My father used to be sit beside me holding me tight at times. But me, my eyes used to be wide-opened and stared indefinitely. My mother refused to accompany us in the ride. She did not held the courage and would watch us from the ground. This fair brought back memories from the past amidst the many amusement and theme parks that exist today.



And Here comes the Tinsel town for the Ladies



Below is the Balloon Shooting Arena 
As a kid I used to get this long gun with 10 pins to shoot the balloons. It used to be real fun. We felt privileged to have held a gun and went shooting, after all.


  

1 comment: