Monday 8 December 2014

Kali Puja on Amavasya

Goddess Kali is worshipped widely across West Bengal. She is one of the first incarnations of Goddess Durga and is considered as the fiercest symbol of  Stree shakti (Female Power and Strength). There are small temples of Maa Kali at every road turn in Kolkata. People worship with immense sincerity and devotion. 



Kali is worshipped to ward off evil eyes, enemies and remove negative vibes within us and around. We seek Maa's blessings for health, happiness, wealth and protection. Goddess Kali is known to be very powerful and fearsome. She symbolises true female power. Each woman can be as powerful as Kali Maa. 


Hence, do not evoke the wrath of a woman. Do not test her level of patience. Fence a stop to the ongoing crimes she has been tormented for years. Have you not heard of the Kal Bhoi Nashini? She was invoked from Goddess Kali's forehead who fought fearlessly with the demons and adorned herself with the garland of the bleeding hands and heads of the demons or Asuras.

We pray for mental and physical strength in times of need. I love to listen to the loud chanting of the mantras.

Dehi saubhagyam aarogyam, dehi me paramam sukham 
Meaning
Grant me O Mother Good LuckSaubhagyam), grant me good health, make me disease free(Aarogyam)

Rupam dehi, jayam dehi, yasho dehi, dwisho jahi
Meaning :

Grant me beauty(Roopam), grant me victory/success(Jayam), grant me name and fame/prosperity(Yash), And eliminate my enemies(Dwisho jahi).

These beautiful lines and the words, fills our heart with purity and strength. 


No comments:

Post a Comment